Are you investing in eternity? We can’t earn our way into heaven. Only God’s gift of grace through Jesus gains us entrance. Yet once in, Jesus tells us there is reward for how we invest our time and resources. Our message series, E*TRADE, explores the biblical strategies for wisely investing in our eternity.
Listen to Sunday’s Message:
Sunday’s Message: “E*TRADE: Trading Tip #1: What I Do Still Matters”
Key Points from Sunday’s Message:
Our time is limited, evaluated and influences our eternity.
TRADING TIP #1: What we do matters! Investments on Earth influence rewards in Eternity.
Investing In Eternity Checklist:
Check my HEART
Check my HEADING
Check the HARVEST
BIG IDEA: What I do with the time & resources I am given determines my reward in eternity.
1 Corinthians 3:13-15
But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames. (NLT)
“Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” (NLT)
Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” (NLT)
Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (NLT)
Questions for Further Discussion:
- Have you ever experienced or helped in the recovery of a fire, flood, or natural disaster? What impression did it leave on you?
- Read 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 What does this passage tell us about eternity? What is our basis for entering eternity?
- Read Revelation 22:12-13. How do you understand this statement: Investments on earth influence rewards in eternity.
- Read Mark 12:29-31. How are our actions evaluated? How could our heart influence whether a good deed merits eternal reward? Where have you experienced someone doing a good thing for the wrong reason?
- Read Matthew 28:18-20. Why does making disciples matter? How should sharing our faith influence every good thing we do?
- Restate the BIG IDEA in your own words. What time & resources have you been given? Where are you investing?